Wednesday, September 15, 2010

5K or Bust

I have set a goal for myself of running my first 5K, that is 3.1 miles for those of us that don't speak metric.  I have been training for several weeks now, although not training as rigorously as I probably should be... I am sure I will regret that come the day of the race, however, I am doing better than I though I would!  I am gearing up for the 5K by doing interval training mixed with cross-training.  I alternate running with cross-training.  I began by running 3 minutes and walking 2 minutes for 25 minutes total and now I am running 4 minutes and walking 2 minutes for 35 minutes.  The run is October 2nd, it is a 5K and a half marathon benefiting the Joy to Life Foundation  


Here is the link:
http://www.montgomeryhalf.com/

Only two weeks to go, wish me good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment