Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Job Search Friendly...or NOT

The world is definitely not "job search friendly" right now, even for those job seekers who fall into the Entry Level category.   How frustrating is it that to stand out as an applicant that you A.) either have to know someone (this one really sucks for me because I don't know anyone at least not in the places that would be beneficial to me), or B.)  Have to be over qualified b/c even people with experience are applying for entry level positions.  It is discouraging and becomes difficult to stay positive and motivated.  The one constant that keeps me motivated is my current job.  Having to deal with the things that I put up with day in and day out definitely is my best motivation to keep looking. 

While on this subject, a noteworthy resource I found is a website and email newsletter I subscribe to called Excelle.  It is through Monster.com but has a lot of interesting reads, helpful tips and fun quizzes.

Here is the link:  http://excelle.monster.com/

Maybe this can help keep others hopeful in their own job search.

Good luck to all you job seekers!

1 comment:

  1. I've barely begun to job search and am already feeling a bit discouraged, but seeing you keep on keepin on is helping me stay motivated! - Anna :)

    ReplyDelete